Home • Rules
Please read this information carefully. Failure to comply with the exam rules can lead to the suspension or cancellation of your exam.
Candidates may be prohibited from taking any Exams and may be decertified from the Service if they violate the Terms and Conditions of the RIPE NCC Certified Professionals service.
Candidates are required to confirm their identity prior to taking exams, with a photo identification document such as a student ID or employee card. If candidates use government-issued identification document (e.g. a passport, driver’s license or ID card), it is their responsibility to block personal data other than their name and photograph (e.g. passport number, social security number, date of birth).
Candidates acknowledge and agree that the RIPE NCC can revoke the certification of candidates who are engaged in any misconduct as described in Article 5.6 of the Terms and Conditions. Candidates who engage in misconduct are not entitled to any refund of fees.
Misconduct or misuse of the Service or the Exam include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using materials during the Exam that are not explicitly permitted in accordance with the instructions provided.
- Disseminating actual Exam content or answers.
- Modifying or altering the original results or score report for an Exam, or any other Exam records.
- Fraudulently impersonating another to gain access to the Exam.
- Providing or accepting assistance without the permission of the Proctor.
- Misconduct as determined by statistical analysis.
- Copying, publishing, disclosing, transmitting, selling, offering to sell, posting, taking screenshots,downloading, distributing in any way, or otherwise transferring, modifying, making derivative works of, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or translating any Exam in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose.
- Using the Exam content in any manner that violates applicable law.
If you are uncertain about any actions that might be considered misconduct or misuse, please consult with the RIPE NCC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your name
- The name of the exam
- The date on which you took the exam
- Any particular details that the Appeals Committee should be aware of
You must submit your appeal within fourteen days of taking the exam. Your appeal will be reviewed within two weeks of being received and you will receive a response from the Appeals Committee.